AD Wiper Seal
The function of wiper rings is to prevent dust, dirt, grains of sand and metal swarf from
penetrating into axially moving rods and plungers. Thus the development of scratches
is largely prevented, guiding elements and seals are protected and the working life of
the sealing system is extended.
Profile AD consists of a PTFE wiper ring and an elastomer O-ring as a preloading element. It combines two functions: wiping against pollution from outside and a sealing
function which reduces the residual oil film.
The material combination of the slipper ring (PTFE) and the O-ring (elastomer) makes
this product suitable for a wide range of applications, especially for aggressive media
and/or high temperatures. Multiple compounds can alternatively be selected according to the individual application profile.
• Excellent wear resistance.
• Minimal break-away and dynamic friction and no stick-slip tendency ensures
uniform motion even at low speeds.
• Good energy efficiency due to low friction.
• High temperature resistance assured by
suitable O-ring compound selection.
• Adaptable to nearly all media thanks to
high chemical resistance of the sealing
ring and large O-ring compound selection.
• Dimensions according to DIN ISO 6195,
Type C or Type D.
• Available in diameters from 4 to
• Installation in closed and undercut
Range of application
|Operating temperature||-30 °C to +100 °C 1)|
|with FKM O-ring||-30 °C to +200 °C|
|Sliding speed||≤ 4 m/s|
1) With deviation from standard temperature range, please contact our consultancy service for adequate O-ring compound.
Wiper ring: Polon® 052, modified PTFE with 40 % bronze.
O-ring: N0674, NBR elastomer with approx. 70 Shore A.
rod Ø range