CP Piston Seal
The double-acting CP sealing set featuring a Caveseal design consists of a PTFE slide ring and an elastomer O-ring as a preloading element. The sealing set is suitable for dynamic applications as an alternative to an O-ring in situations requiring optimum sealing performance and friction. The Caveseal design enables smallest grooves.
Due to the material combination of the slide ring (PTFE) and the O-ring (elastomer), this product is suitable for a wide range of applications, especially for aggressive media and/or high temperatures. An extensive selection of compounds is available for specific application profiles.
• Good sealing performance in extremely small assembly conditions.
• Excellent wear resistance.
• Minimal break-away and dynamic friction and no stick-slip tendency ensures uniform motion even at low speeds.
• Good energy efficiency due to low friction.
• Assembly on one-part piston is possible.
• High temperature resistance assured by suitable O-ring compound selection.
• Adaptable to nearly all media thanks to high chemical resistance of the sealing ring and large O-ring compound selection.
• Short axial assembly length.
• Short radial assembly depth.
• Installation in closed and undercut housings.
• Available in diameters from 4 to 3000 mm.
• Can be used in existing O-ring grooves.
• Additional sizes of machined products available on short notice
Range of application:
The CP profile range has been designed exclusively to replace standard O-rings. For dynamic applications we recommend our OA (pneumatics) or OE (hydraulics) profile ranges.
Piston sealing set Praedifa series CP is available in the follwing compounds:
08401 – Industrial purpose
PS314 – Heavy duty
08402 – High temperature
08403 – Low temperature
08404 – General purpose