Pneumatic Seal DE
The single-acting profile DE is a complete pneumatic piston with a cup seal and a vulcanized metal disc support. It performs three functions:
Sealing, guiding and cushioning.
• Due to application-optimized geometry and compounds suitable for use in oiled as well as in oil-free air (after initial lubrication on assembly).
• Cushioning buffers on the piston´s front faces with integrated ventilation ducts provide for mechanical cushioning of the cylinders.
• Multi-functional element: seal, guiding and cushioning element.
• Immediate response (full pressure load) thanks to incorporated venting channels.
• Good wear resistance.
• Ideal corrosion protection thanks to complete elastomer covering.
• Smooth running due to optimum adjustment of the functional lips.
• Easy attachment to the piston rod without additional sealing elements.
• Easy installation due to integrated static sealing function.
• Excellent media resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
• Also available as double-acting version.
• Low assembly height of the complete piston enables short cylinder designs.
• Versatile complete piston for nearly all cylinder designs.
|Range of application|
|Complete piston for single-acting pneumatic cylinders with end cushioning, provided that no excessive lateral guidance loads will occur (long strokes and buckling).|
|Operating pressure||≤ 12 bar|
|Operating temperature||-30 °C to +80 °C|
|Sliding speed||≤ 1 m/s|
|Media||Compressed air, both lubricated and oil free (after greasing for fitting)|
The profile DE complete piston is fixed to the piston rod with a locknut to avoid loosening. For use with dry and oil-free air, the piston and cylinder tube must be prelubricated with a suitable long-life lubricant.