Pneumatic Seal E8
The self-retaining pneumatic rod seal/wiper set profile E8 for piston rods in pneumatic cylinders combines three functions:
Sealing, wiping, fixing.
• Due to application-optimized geometry and compounds suitable for use in oiled as well as in oil-free air (after initial lubrication on assembly).
• Bi-functional element: seal and wiper.
• Good wear resistance.
• No risk of corrosion since the combined retainer and wiper part eliminates the need for additional wire circlips.
• Long service life due to coordinated geometries of the functional lips and compound selection.
• Smooth running due to optimum lubricant-retaining sealing lip geometry.
• High temperature resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
• Excellent media resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
• Product geometry prevents dirt deposits at the front face of the cylinder.
• Identical housing for E7, E8, E9, EU, EF,EN, EW and ET.
• Installation in open housings.
• The coordinated geometries of the seal and wiper lips achieve favourable friction coefficients and long service life.
|Range of application|
|Operating pressure||≤ 16 bar|
|Operating temperature||-20 °C to +80 °C 1)|
|Sliding speed||≤ 1 m/s|
|Media||Compressed air, both lubricated and oil free (after greasing for fitting)|
The pneumatic profile E8 rod seal/wiper set is fitted into the housing by means of a circlip recess according to DIN 7993 (type B). The sealing part is pushed in and fixed by the EA retainer/wiper, which snaps in easily. During assembly, care should be taken to ensure that neither the scraper nor the sealing lips be damaged by sharp edges.