Pneumatic Seal EK
Range of application
Complete piston for single-acting pneumatic cylinders with and without cushioning,provided that no excessive lateral guidance loads will occur (long strokes and buckling).
• Due to application-optimized geometry and compounds suitable for use in oiled as well as in oil-free air (after initial lubrication on assembly).
• Immediate response (full pressure load) thanks to incorporated venting channels.
• Good wear resistance.
• Ideal corrosion protection thanks to complete elastomer covering.
• Smooth running due to optimum lubricant-retaining sealing lip geometry.
• Easy attachment to the piston rod without additional sealing elements.
• Easy installation due to integrated static sealing function.
• Excellent media resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
• Also available as double-acting version.
• Low assembly height of the complete piston enables short cylinder designs.
• Versatile complete piston for nearly all cylinder designs.
|Range of application|
|Complete piston for single-acting pneumatic cylinders with and without cushioning,|
provided that no excessive lateral guidance loads will occur (long strokes and buckling).
|Operating pressure||≤ 16 bar|
|Operating temperature||-30 °C to +80 °C|
|Sliding speed||≤ 1 m/s|
|Media||Compressed air, both lubricated and oil|
free (after greasing for fitting)
The profile EK complete piston is fixed to the piston rod with a locknut to avoid loosening. For use with dry and oil-free air, the piston and cylinder tube must be prelubricated with a suitable long-life lubricant.It must be assured that the sealing lips do not touch the cylinder bottom and the cylinder cap at the limit stops (see also dimension „Ø dm“).