Pneumatic Seal EM
The profile design of the profile EM rod seal/wiper combines the profile geometry of our tried and proven profile EL with the requirements of mini-pneumatics, i.e. the dimensions of profile EM are considerably smaller and friction values are even lower.
• Due to application-optimized geometry and compounds suitable for use in oiled as well as in oil-free air (after initial lubrication on assembly).
• Bi-functional element: seal and wiper.
• Extreme wear resistance.
• Low static and dynamic friction thanks to miniaturized design.
• Smooth running due to optimum adjustment of the functional lips.
• Smooth running due to optimum lubricant-retaining sealing lip geometry.
• Excellent media resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
• Short axial assembly length.
• Short radial assembly depth.
• Installation in closed and undercut housings.
• Low compression set.
• The coordinated geometries of the seal and wiper lips achieve favourable friction coefficients and long service life.
|Range of application|
|Rod seal/wiper for mini-pneumatics.|
|Operating pressure||≤ 16 bar|
|Operating temperature||-30 °C to +80 °C|
|Sliding speed||≤ 1 m/s|
|Media||Compressed air, both lubricated and oil|
free (after greasing for fitting)
The self-retaining rod seal/wiper profile EM is manually or automatically snapped into the installation housing while the piston rod is disassembled. Care is to be taken to prevent sharp edges from damaging the wiping and sealing lips during assembly. Initial lubrication is the prerequisite for very long operational life.