Pneumatic Seal EP
The profile EP pneumatic rod seal, wiper and guidance system is used for rods in pneumatic cylinders. It combines the following functional features:
Sealing, wiping, fixing.
• Due to application-optimized geometry and compounds suitable for use in oiled as well as in oil-free air (after initial lubrication on assembly).
• Multi-functional element: seal, wiper and guiding element.
• Extreme wear resistance.
• Smooth running due to optimum lubricant-retaining sealing lip geometry.
• Simple fabrication of the housing.
• Short radial assembly depth.
• Low compression set.
• The coordinated geometries of the seal and wiper lips achieve favourable friction coefficients and long service life.
• Multi-functionality provides warehousing cost benefits.
|Range of application|
|Operating pressure||≤ 16 bar|
|Operating temperature||-35 °C to +80 °C|
|Sliding speed||≤ 1 m/s|
|Media||Compressed air, both lubricated and oil|
free (after greasing for fitting)
Profile EP is pressed into the bore and retained by a press fit between cylinder housing and an aluminum ring. Care should be taken that neither the scraper nor the sealing lips are damaged by sharp edges during installation. When pressing the sealing element into the groove, pressure should only be put upon the metal part. During a normal cylinder life span, replacement is not necessary. However, disassembly is possible after dismounting the cylinder head and forcing out the seal.