KS Rotary Seal
The Ultrathan® sealing set profile KS has been developed especially for sealing pistons in dual media hydraulic accumulators. It consits of two u-rings of different design
and compound. The shape of the seals makes them ideal for the permanent separation of the pressurized media e.g. oil and gas with low friction forces.
The KS can be used in other applications including industrial shock absorbers, hydropneumatic equipment such as feed and counter balance units, hydro-pneumatic
booster or converter units, pressure transducers and operating cylinders.
• Robust seal profile for harshest operating conditions.
• Extreme wear resistance.
• Assembly on one-part piston is possible.
• High extrusion resistance.
• Excellent media resistance in case of
suitable compound selection.
• Suitable compounds available for
special requirements of the chemical
• Suitable compounds available for special requirements of the food processing
• Dimensions according to ISO 5597.
• Installation in closed and undercut
• Additional sizes of machined products
available on short notice.
Range of application
|Operating pressure||≤ 350 bar|
|Operating temperature||-30 °C to +80 °C|
|Sliding speed||≤ 3 m/s|
|Media||Hydraulic oils based on mineral oil and gases|
Parker polyurethane Ultrathan® P5008 is used for the oil side seal and polyurethane
Ultrathan® P5010 is used for the gas side. When compared to commercial polyurethanes both these compounds have a superior resistance to high temperature and
lower compression set values.
The performance of profile KS piston seal set is only guaranteed when the green
colour seal (KH … P5008) is installed on the oil side of the piston and the red colour
seal (KG … P5010) on the gas side. The general recommendations as shown in our
hydraulics brochure are applicable to the housing groove and seal installation, e. g. no
sharp edges, no sharp tools, clean components, etc.