M2 ,M3 Rod Seal
Rod chevron sealing set for hydraulic cylinders, single-acting. Contains of multiple chevrons, a header ring and a back-up ring.The number of chevrons vary from 3 up to 10 chevrons. Usually 5 chevrons are prefered.
The M2,M3 chevron sealing set for piston rods consists of several components. Chevrons are available as full rubber (MX) and fabric (MG) versions. They are complemented by a hard fabric pressure ring (MD) and a hard fabric or plastic spacer ring (MS).
The hard fabric pressure ring prevents damage to the U-ring at the gap between the rod and the cylinder sleeve (gap extrusion). It is extremely wear-resistant, resistant against pressure peaks and reliable even in the most adverse conditions (water or particle contamination).
The chevrons are produced with a radial lip preloading which makes the sealing lips contact the sealing area on the inner and outer diameter in a way that achieves good sealing performance with low friction. The operating pressure then additionally provides the required contact pressure of the chevrons against the sealing areas.
The M2,M3 sealing set can be adjusted to achieve a certain extension of service life or reduced friction by using shims.
Chevron sealing sets can also be produced in PTFE compounds, providing them with extremely high temperature and chemical resistance.
• Robust seal profile for harshest operating conditions.
• Insensitive to contamination of the operating medium or slight damage of the sliding surfaces compared with single-part seals.
• The seals can also be cut for installation, which eliminates the need for complete dismantling of the cylinder during maintenance or repair work.
• Insensitive to pressure peaks.
• High extrusion resistance.
• Excellent media resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
• Enables modifications of axial preload and/or readjustment by means of metal spacers (shims or screw rings).
Range of application:
Mainly used in heavy-duty cylinders with large diameters as well as in actuators for rough applications.
THERMAL APPLICATION TYPE Standard moderate Temperature (-35 C to 100 C) °C
High Temperature (< 205 C) °C
POLYMER MATERIAL OPTIONS NBR (Nitrile-Butadiene), FKM (Fluorcarbon)
MAXIMUM OPERATING PRESSURE 350, 351 bar
MINIMUM OPERATING TEMPERATURE -40 to -20 °C
MAXIMUM OPERATING TEMPERATURE 100 to 200 °C
MAXIMUM SURFACE SPEED 0.5 m/sec
UNIT OF MEASURE Length: mm
CUSHIONING MECHANISM No
PRESSURE RATING High Pressure (< 500 bar) bar