Pneumatic Seal PZ
The profile PZ pneumatic piston seal has been developed for use in pneumatic cylinders and in valves. The double-acting piston seal requires only small housing dimensions.
• Due to application-optimized geometry and compounds suitable for use in oiled as well as in oil-free air (after initial lubrication on assembly).
• Good sealing performance in extremely small assembly conditions.
• Can also be used for single-acting applications.
• Good wear resistance.
• Low static and dynamic friction thanks to miniaturized design.
• Smooth running due to optimum lubricant-retaining sealing lip geometry.
• Suitable for fully automatic installation.
• Assembly on one-part piston is possible.
• High temperature resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
• Excellent media resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
• Short axial assembly length.
• Installation in closed housings.
|Range of application|
|Operating pressure||≤ 12 bar|
|Operating temperature||-20 °C to +80 °C|
|Sliding speed||≤ 1 m/s|
|Media||Compressed air, both lubricated and oil free (after greasing for fitting)|
The profile PZ pneumatic piston seals can be easily mounted into the grooves by simply pulling them over the piston.To avoid damaging the seal, sharp edges should be removed from the piston and the cylinder tube.For oil-free conditions, it is important to obtain a full lubrication film inside the cylinder tube prior to assembly to ensure long service life of the seal.For piston guidance, we recommend our profile F2 piston guidance tape. For dimensions of pistons and clearances, please refer to our profile F2.