Pneumatic Seal Z8
The profile Z8 cylinder seal is a single-acting lip seal for pistons in pneumatic cylinders and valves. It requires small housing dimensions. The standard series of profile Z8 conforms to the cylinder diameters of ISO 3320 and CETOP RP 52 P, RP 43 P and RP 53 P.
• Due to application-optimized geometry and compounds suitable for use in oiled as well as in oil-free air (after initial lubrication on assembly).
• Good sealing performance in extremely small assembly conditions.
• Low static and dynamic friction thanks to miniaturized design.
• Smooth running due to optimum lubricant-retaining sealing lip geometry.
• Easier installation.
• Excellent media resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
• Installation in closed and undercut housings.
• Good wear resistance.
• High temperature resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
• Extreme wear resistance.
• Low compression set.
|Range of application|
|Operating pressure||≤ 16 bar|
|Operating temperature||-35 °C to +80 °C|
|Sliding speed||≤ 1 m/s|
|Media||Compressed air, both lubricated and oil free (after greasing for fitting)|
Profile Z8 piston seals can be easily mounted into the grooves by simply pulling them over the piston. To avoid damaging the seals sharp edges should be removed from the piston and the cylinder tube.For oil-free operating conditions, it is important to obtain a full lubrication film inside the cylinder tube before assembly to ensure long service life of the seal.For piston guidance we recommend our profile F2 piston guidance tape. For dimensions of pistons and clearances, please refer to our profile F2.