Pneumatic Seal Z9
The profile Z9 rod seal is a lip seal specially developed for use in pneumatics.
• Due to application-optimized geometry and compounds suitable for use in oiled as well as in oil-free air (after initial lubrication on assembly).
• Good wear resistance.
• Low static and dynamic friction thanks to miniaturized design.
• Smooth running due to optimum lubricant-retaining sealing lip geometry.
• High temperature resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
• Excellent media resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
• Installation in closed and undercut housings.
|Range of application|
|Operating pressure||≤ 16 bar|
|Operating temperature||-20 °C to +80 °C|
|Sliding speed||≤ 1 m/s|
|Media||Compressed air, both lubricated and oil free (after greasing for fitting)|
The profile Z9 lip seals can be easily snapped into the groove. To avoid damaging the seal lips during installation, sharp edges should be removed from around the installation groove. The groove dimensions determine the size of the dynamic lip. It is therefore essential to ensure that he groove is accurately machined. It is important to maintain a full lubrication film on the rod when running under non-lubricated conditions. Lubrication should take place during assembly. When using the profile Z9 lip seal under non-lubricated conditions, care should be taken to ensure that the lubrication film is not destroyed by the wiper. For this case we recommend our wiper profile A2, specially designed for pneumatics.